Aerating soil is an important part of managing a healthy landscape. Compacted soil does not allow a plant’s roots to breathe, and prevents water and the proper nutrients from getting to the root zone where they are needed most. Aerator Blend Liquid Lawn Aerator is a specifically formulated lawn aerator that quickly loosens the toughest of soil conditions, including clay.
The product is suitable for lawns, landscape beds, and anywhere thriving plants are desired. Soil can become compacted because of weather conditions, the climate, or a heavy build up of thatch. A thatch layer of around 1/2 inch thick or less is desired. Without the proper stimulants to biodegrade heavy thatch, it will prevent water penetration and proper air flow into the soil.
What is the recommended application rate?
The application rate is one ounce per 1,000 square feet
Dethatcher Blend and Aerator Blend were designed to work quickly together, saving you time and money. The product also does not require you to mechanically aerate lawns by walking around with spikes or renting expensive heavy machines. Fall and early spring are the best times for soil aeration and dethatching; however, it is never too late to get started with these products.
Available in concentrated 1 quart, 1 gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon sizes. Larger quantities are also available in 30 or 55 gallon barrels and 275 gallon totes. Application rate is one ounce per 1,000 square feet.
Benefits of Liquid Lawn Aerator
- No need for mechanical aeration
- Reduces soil compaction
- Breaks up clay evenly
- Improves soil structure and humus formation
- Can be applied any time during the growing season
- Increases earthworm activity
- Will help bioactivate all soils
- Safe to use with fertigation systems
- Improves rooting by loosening soil
- Improves air and water penetration
- 100% biodegradable
- Saves on water use
- Reduces plant stress and disease
- Saves time and money
Directions for using Liquid Lawn Aerator
- Home lawns, gardens, greens, and paddocks - Use one ounce of Aerator Blend in one or more gallons of water per 1,000 square feet. Water into the soil after application. Heavier strength applications will not significantly improve results. Apply in spring or fall for general maintenance. Apply with a hose-end sprayer, pump sprayer, or commercial sprayer. Hose-end sprayer setting is 1/2 ounce per gallon of water.
- For severe compaction or soils with higher clay content - Do a follow-up application 1-2 weeks after the initial application has been watered in. Repeat applications every 2-3 months until soil has improved.
- Fairways and commercial turf - Apply 24-32 ounces per acre. Adjust rates according to specific clay levels and compaction rates.
- Agricultural - Apply 12 ounces per acre, or one gallon per ten acres. Broadcast directly onto soil. Extreme clay may require repeat applications.
- Formula: Ammonium Laureth Sulfate - 60%, Other ingredients - 40%
- It is recommended not to use this product with fungicides or pesticides. When mixing with other spray materials, a jar compatibility test is suggested.
- Shake container before opening. Keep out of reach of children.
*All specifications subject to change without notice.