Lawns present a special challenge, as you have no way to roto-till and turn over the soil. Grass plants are stuck in compacted dirt, where there’s no room for the roots to grow, no air, and water runs off without ever getting to the roots. In turn, this means that the roots have no hope of getting any nutrients or fertilizer. This natural liquid aerator loosens the compacted soil (even clay!) without the need of using heavy coring machines, and eliminating the unsightly dirt core plugs all over your landscape. Simply mixed with water and sprayed on to the turf, this organic aerating liquid is easy-to-use and effective.
No need to limit the use of this natural liquid aerator to lawns; it can be applied to any landscape beds where perennial plants make it challenging to turn over the soil. Not to mention, these are impossible area to get a coring machine into.
What is the recommended application rate?
The application rate is one ounce per 1,000 square feet
The Dethatcher Blend works perfectly in concert with the Aerator Blend. Now, not only is the soil being aerated, the thatch is being broken down at the same time. When thatch is greater than a ½ inch thick, it is just as harmful to grass plants as compacted soil, and prevents nutrients, air, and water from reaching the roots. Plus, breaking it down naturally causes it to biodegrade and feed the roots.
Both are best when routinely applied in fall and early spring as part of a regular lawn maintenance schedule. However, if lawn care has been neglected, it is never too late or too early to aerate and de-thatch.
Work smarter, not harder, by switching from coring machines or wearing spikes and use a natural liquid aerator for your landscape. Not only are the dirt cores unsightly, the holes left behind are a perfect opportunity for dandelions and other weeds to find the perfect spot to grow in your yard.
Easy to pick the right size container for any yard, with the choice of concentrated 1 quart, 1 gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon sizes. For large properties and lawn care businesses larger quantities are also available in 30 or 55 gallon barrels and 275 gallon totes. Application rate is one ounce per 1,000 square feet.
Benefits of Liquid Aerator
- 100% biodegradable
- Improves rooting by loosening soil
- Improves air and water penetration
- Reduces plant stress and disease
- No need for mechanical aeration
- Will help bioactivate all soils
- Reduces soil compaction
- Improves soil structure and humus formation
- Can be applied any time during the growing season
- Increases earthworm activity
- Safe to use with fertigation systems
- Saves on water use
- Breaks up clay evenly
- Saves time and money
Directions for using Liquid Aerator
- Home lawns, gardens, greens, and paddocks - Use one ounce of Aerator Blend in one or more gallons of water per 1,000 square feet. Water into the soil after application. Heavier strength applications will not significantly improve results. Apply in spring or fall for general maintenance. Apply with a hose-end sprayer, pump sprayer, or commercial sprayer. Hose-end sprayer setting is 1/2 ounce per gallon of water.
- For severe compaction or soils with higher clay content - Do a follow-up application 1-2 weeks after the initial application has been watered in. Repeat applications every 2-3 months until soil has improved.
- Fairways and commercial turf - Apply 24-32 ounces per acre. Adjust rates according to specific clay levels and compaction rates.
- Agricultural - Apply 12 ounces per acre, or one gallon per ten acres. Broadcast directly onto soil. Extreme clay may require repeat applications.
- Formula: Ammonium Laureth Sulfate - 60%, Other ingredients - 40%
- It is recommended not to use this product with fungicides or pesticides. When mixing with other spray materials, a jar compatibility test is suggested.
- Shake container before opening. Keep out of reach of children.
*All specifications subject to change without notice.