What is the recommended Application Rate?
For this product, it is three ounces per 1,000 square feet.
Are there things you could be doing in the late fall to help ensure a lush, green, healthy lawn in the spring? Absolutely!
As your lawn gets ready to hibernate for the winter, it actively seeks out the minerals it needs to protect itself during the long winter months. The more of these it finds, the better prepared it is for a gorgeous spring season.
How can you help it find the minerals it needs? Use Winter Blend winter fertilizer. The chelated minerals (chelated means that the product can be easily absorbed by the lawn) are specially formulated to provide exactly the proteins that lawn and other plants are looking for during the cold winter.
By applying winter lawn fertilizer before the frost, you ensure a thicker lawn in the spring, which means fewer problems with weeds and pests.
After using this product for your winter lawn care, follow with Soil Booster Seaweed Fertilizer in early spring to replenish the active micro-organisms and minerals needed to feed your landscape until dormancy is over.
Available in concentrated 1 quart, 1 gallon, 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon sizes. Larger quantities are also available in 30 or 55 gallon barrels and 275 gallon totes. Application rate is three ounces per 1,000 square feet.
Benefits of this Winter Fertilizer
- Delivers minerals required to maintain lawns during winter months
- Reduces the need for herbicides and pesticides
- Creates a thicker, healthier lawn
- Lawns will stay green longer
- Makes grasses less prone to disease
Winter Fertilizer: Directions for Use
- Contains chelated magnesium, chelated iron, chelated manganese and sulfur.
- Works well with fertigation systems, but should be applied manually if frost will occur within two weeks.
- Follow with Soil Booster Seaweed Fertilizer in early spring to replenish the active micro-organisms and minerals needed to feed your landscape until dormancy is over.
- Lawns - Apply one quart per 10,000 square feet with hose end sprayer set to 2 ounces per gallon. Apply before or after each fertilization and use one or two times per season.
- Lawns, greens and tees - Use 6 ounces per 1,000 square feet, every two weeks.
- Do not mix with other products.
- Do not over-apply.
- Shake container before opening.
- Keep out of reach of children.
*All specifications subject to change without notice.